Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Ruth 4:13-22, 1 Chronicles 2:9-55, 1 Chronicles 4:1-23, 1 Sam 1:1-8, 1 Sam 1:9-4:12 , 1 Sam 4:12-8:22

Playing catch-up.. starting to become a theme for me! :)


Wow, Naomi, Ruth and Hannah three strong and faithful woman of God! 
Naomi's inner strength was evident even in the midst of losing her sons and a husband. Instead of turning away from God in her suffering, she remained faithful and saw God as good and full if mercy.
Ruth, after losing her husband and leaving her heritage behind to follow Naomi, showed her commitment not only to Naomi, but ultimately to God.
Hannah thought she was destined to be barren, but in her bitterness she turned to the Lord, instead of turning away. Hannah's faithfulness to the Lord brought her a much desired son, Samuel, and he found favor with the Lord and men. Even though Hannah only had Samuel a short time, her influence was significant and played a vital role in his success. 
 I am so blessed to have my two sons, Blake and Garrett, who are now both in college. I continually pray God's blessing on them, and will till my days on this earth end. They were raised in the church, have been saved, but as a mother I wonder have I played a vital role in their success? Could my faith ever be as strong as these woman? I pray I never have to endure what these woman experienced for my faith to be tested. I cling to the following verse and pray I have been a significant and positive influence to each of my sons.

Proverbs 22:6

New King James Version (NKJV)
Train up a child in the way he should go,
And when he is old he will not depart from it.
May God pour out His blessings to each of our families, and give us the strength and direction as mothers to do what is right for them in God's eyes!
Love you all my sisters in Christ! Hope your day is blessed!







No comments:

Post a Comment