Thursday, April 12, 2012

1 Chronicles 9:35-39, 1 Sam 13:1-5,1 Sam 13:6-18,1 Sam 13:19-23,1 Sam 14:1-52

In Saul I can see a bit of myself as he was a "people pleaser" as well. Instead of doing what God commanded him, he did what he thought the people wanted in order to cast a good light upon himself . In the end he looked foolish as the people overruled him to save Jonathan.
 Over the years I have struggled with that as well. When I was younger I did it so people would like me. Thankfully I have matured into the "either you like me the way I am, or you don't", sort of attitude. Really the "pleasing" part is more that I do not want to let people down, but in the process I end up letting myself down and ultimately letting God down.
Guilt, hurt and anger I think is where it all stems from, and I am still struggling with it. I need to give it over to Him, relinquish the feelings of old once and for all, "let go and let God"! 
Sort of like hanging on to the "stuff" we have in our closets that Deby spoke about in her blog. I think most of us have emotional "stuff", or "baggage" that we carry around for security reasons. I have it stuffed down so deep I forget it's there sometimes. When it rears it's ugly head I  just stuff it down some more so I don't have to deal with it. Usually, I am "stuffing it down", literally, with food, which I might add is a whole other problem. I warned you I was a work in progress!
Wow, I think this blog is turning into some sort of therapy session! Sorry for the ramblings, but for some reason it was destined to come out! Thanks for letting me spew my insecurities for all to see! Just send me the bill! LOL! :) Thanks to God His Word is free for all! 

Psalm 103

New King James Version (NKJV)

Praise for the Lord’s Mercies

103 Bless the Lord, O my soul;
And all that is within me, bless His holy name!

Bless the Lord, O my soul,
And forget not all His benefits:

Who forgives all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases,

Who redeems your life from destruction,
Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies,

Who satisfies your mouth with good things,
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.....

Thanks Be To God!







1 comment:

  1. love this Psalm! I also love that through this we are finding we are all dealing with many of the same issues. What joy it is in becoming more Christlike in all aspects together. And strength. Thanks for being transparent for Him.....and me. Love you!

    ReplyDelete