Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I Sam 9:1-12:25

Be careful what you ask for... is the theme of these verses.
 God's people asked for a king when they already had the King of Kings! God gave them what they asked for and Saul was anointed as their king . I think we are in for a lesson, and have a bad feeling about this one.....
Even though Samuel knew the people were wrong in asking for a king, he did not judge them, but prayed for them instead and tried to lead them in the right way. 

1 Samuel 12:22-25

New King James Version (NKJV)
22 For the Lord will not forsake His people, for His great name’s sake, because it has pleased the Lord to make you His people. 23 Moreover, as for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the Lord in ceasing to pray for you; but I will teach you the good and the right way. 24 Only fear the Lord, and serve Him in truth with all your heart; for consider what great things He has done for you. 25 But if you still do wickedly, you shall be swept away, both you and your king.”

It is so easy to point out others flaws and judge when instead we should look at others with a loving heart and be in prayer to God. Maybe it's not the other person with the problem, maybe it's me!??
I need to first look inward, and ask God to do His work in me so that everything I do edifies Him. I'm sure I need a complete overhaul on this one!
So many times when I am looking for an answer I seek it from friends, family, etc., when what I should be doing is seeking Him and His Word and I will find all the answers I need! He is all I need and everything will fall into place as it should be!


Philippians 4:19-20

New King James Version (NKJV)
19 And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. 20 Now to our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen.


Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment