Monday, April 2, 2012

Judges 7:1-9:21

WARNING! What you are about to read is my rambling account of how The Word spoke to me today. I may have gone off on a tangent at one point, and veered off course....a little, but all I can say is........just deal with it okay? :) What you see is what you get! :)


I think it was honorable for Gideon to reject the monarchy and proclaiming in
Judges 8:23,
"But Gideon said to them, I will not rule over you, nor shall my son rule over you; the LORD shall rule over you."
What do you think would happen if our President, Senators,Congress etc. down to our local authorities spoke those words in public? The media would have a field day with that one! God is what our country is based on, back to our founding fathers! In my opinion, the breakdown of our political system is largely due to to the slow dissolution of God and country! I am not normally a "political mouthpiece", but this one struck a chord for some reason today! I found the below documented info from our founding father's an interesting read:

John Adams
2nd U.S. President and Signer of the Declaration of Independence
"Suppose a nation in some distant Region should take the Bible for their only law Book, and every member should regulate his conduct by the precepts there exhibited! Every member would be obliged in conscience, to temperance, frugality, and industry; to justice, kindness, and charity towards his fellow men; and to piety, love, and reverence toward Almighty God ... What a Eutopia, what a Paradise would this region be." 
--Diary and Autobiography of John Adams, Vol. III, p. 9.
"The general principles on which the fathers achieved independence were the general principles of Christianity. I will avow that I then believed, and now believe, that those general principles of Christianity are as eternal and immutable as the existence and attributes of God." 
--Adams wrote this on June 28, 1813, in a letter to Thomas Jefferson.
"The second day of July, 1776, will be the most memorable epoch in the history of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary Festival. It ought to be commemorated, as the Day of Deliverance, by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires and illuminations, from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forever." 
--Adams wrote this in a letter to his wife, Abigail, on July 3, 1776.
Thomas Jefferson
3rd U.S. President, Drafter and Signer of the Declaration of Independence
"God who gave us life gave us liberty. And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties a of the Gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that His justice cannot sleep forever; That a revolution of the wheel of fortune, a change of situation, is among possible events; that it may become probable by Supernatural influence! The Almighty has no attribute which can take side with us in that event." 
--Notes on the State of Virginia, Query XVIII, p. 237.
"I am a real Christian – that is to say, a disciple of the doctrines of Jesus Christ." 
--The Writings of Thomas Jefferson, p. 385.
John Hancock
1st Signer of the Declaration of Independence
"Resistance to tyranny becomes the Christian and social duty of each individual. ... Continue steadfast and, with a proper sense of your dependence on God, nobly defend those rights which heaven gave, and no man ought to take from us." 
--History of the United States of America, Vol. II, p. 229.


Where are these leaders of men today, men of God and of great moral character? What happened to our political figures? Politics and our world has become so corrupt, that those in power who do hold these beliefs keep silent because they fear ridicule and retribution from their peers and voters, when the real fear should be from the wrath of God! Our country is weak, and our leaders need prayer for God's strength and HIS wisdom!
Gideon and his army was weak from battle and was denied the food they desperately needed for the strength to carry out their mission. Yet Gideon pressed on and was successful. 
Similarly when I am weak, I am reminded of the strength God gives me in the following verse:
 2 Corinthians 12:10 That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.



I need to remember this...God and His Word is all the food I need! Just looking at the extra pounds I gained over the years is living proof that I have been focusing on the wrong food to feed my soul! Remember....I am a work in progress! :) 
I also get so caught up in the day to day monotony that I forget to give credit and praise God for all of His many blessings no matter how big or small. 

He is the bread of life! Praise His Holy name!

Blessings to all and thank you for allowing me to share my thoughts on how HIS Word speaks to me! 


1 comment:

  1. Well said! I totally agree and wonder at what point do all Christians band together and proclaim in His name, "Enough". Loved this, "That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that His justice cannot sleep forever;"

    Even when things look dim, it encourages me to know that there is nothing new under the sun. Looking back throughout history, there is a cycle and part of that is turning back to Him. I pray it is before the end of America - as it was for Rome and others.

    God blesses & Looking forward to your words tomorrow............

    ReplyDelete