Thursday, April 26, 2012

1 Chron 20:1, 2 Sam 11:1-12:14, Psalm 51, 2 Sam 12:15-25, 5:14-16, 1 Chron 14:3-7, 3:5-9

Through a gliche of technology, or perhaps operator error, I can't find the blog I was writing for Mon.-Wed. Never -the -less, life goes on, and if it magically resurfaces, I will be more than happy to share my thoughts. Maybe this was a sign that I was on the wrong path with His Word, only He knows the answer to that one! :)
No worries!
 However, I do see a parallel between the absence of my blog, and David's absence of communication and obedience to God. David has always been consistent in the past by only acting upon a situation if it is God's will. In the verses from today, I see the recurring theme of how being disobedient to God, and acting without His authority can surely get us in trouble. David's thought process was so clouded that he even tried to "cover up" the fact that he had committed adultery with Bathsheba, and then sending her husband into battle to achieve his own ends.
Sadly because of David's misuse of his own ego and power, Uriah suffered, and was killed in battle. 
God's wrath was now upon David as He delivered His message through Nathan...

2 Samuel 12:7-15

New King James Version (NKJV)



Then Nathan said to David, “You are the man! Thus says the Lord God of Israel: ‘I anointed you king over Israel, and I delivered you from the hand of Saul. I gave you your master’s house and your master’s wives into your keeping, and gave you the house of Israel and Judah. And if that had been too little, I also would have given you much more! Why have you despised the commandment of the Lord, to do evil in His sight? You have killed Uriah the Hittite with the sword; you have taken his wife to be your wife, and have killed him with the sword of the people of Ammon. 10 Now therefore, the sword shall never depart from your house, because you have despised Me, and have taken the wife of Uriah the Hittite to be your wife.’ 11 Thus says the Lord: ‘Behold, I will raise up adversity against you from your own house; and I will take your wives before your eyes and give them to your neighbor, and he shall lie with your wives in the sight of this sun. 12 For you did it secretly, but I will do this thing before all Israel, before the sun.’”
13 So David said to Nathan, “I have sinned against the Lord.”
And Nathan said to David, “The Lord also has put away your sin; you shall not die. 14 However, because by this deed you have given great occasion to the enemies of the Lord to blaspheme, the child also who is born to you shall surely die.” 15 Then Nathan departed to his house.

Oh what tangles webs we weave... Over the years I know I have been disobedient, more times than I could ever admit, and I thank God for the  love and mercy He has shown me.

I wanted to share the lyrics to a song that is a favorite of mine, and speaks of God's mercy.
 I'm sure most, if not all, are familiar with Francesca Battistelli. She has the God given gift of song that is such a blessing.

I was poor I was weak
I was the definition of the spiritually
Bankrupt condition
So in need of help
I was unsatisfied
Hungry and thirsty
When You rushed to my side
So unworthy
Still You gave yourself away…
(Chorus)
That’s the motion of mercy
Changing the way and the why we are
That’s the motion of mercy
Moving my heart
Now I’m filled by a love
That calls me to action
I was empty before now I’m drawn to compassion
And to give myself away
(Chorus)
Living for the lost
Loving ‘til it hurts
No matter what the cost
Like You loved me first
That’s the motion of mercy
God give me strength to give something for nothing
I wanna be a glimpse of the Kingdom that’s coming soon
(Chorus)
Words & Music By: Francesca Battistelli / Ian Eskelin



Psalm 106:1
Praise the Lord!
Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good!
For His mercy endures forever.


Hope the rest of your day is blessed! :)










1 comment:

  1. We just finished up our group study of Mark and as I was reading the abuse our Savior suffered, I cried. When I realize again how He willingly seperated Himself from His Father, I am overwhelmed at such love. Love for such a sinner as me...how much I love our Daddy.....

    ReplyDelete