Tuesday, May 1, 2012

2 Sam 19:31-20:26, Psalm 7, 2 Sam 21:1-22, 1 Chron 20:4-8 & 2 Sam 22:1-51, Psalm 18&



God showed David much favor, and He constantly watched  over him and guided him throughout his life. David was so faithful to God, and no matter what was going on in his life, he kept the lines of communication open to his Father in heaven. Whether it be in times of despair, joy, confession, or praise, David made sure he was constantly in contact with God. Sometimes in song, or a poem, prayer, or simply asking a question outright, he was holding regular conversations with God.
I strive to speak with  Him regularly, I have really good intentions too, but I know I fall short. This is something so important in growing my relationship with the Lord. He wants to spend time with me, and He waits for me so patiently. He wants me to converse with Him, He is such a loving Father! 


Come near to God, and He will come near to you. James 4:8


The most wonderful thing about talking to God, whether it be
  
praying, singing, or blogging, God does not care if it's not 

perfect. He just wants us to spend time with Him and really 

get to know Him on a personal level.

I just love this song, even if it's not pitch perfect when I 

sing it to my Heavenly Father! 


I love you, Lord, and I lift my voice
To worship you, Oh my soul rejoice!
Take joy, my King, in what you hear
May it be a sweet, sweet sound in your ear

I love you, Lord, and I lift my hands
To worship you as my soul demands
Take joy, my King, in what you see
May I be a sweet, sweet child on your knee

I love you, Lord, and I lift my voice
To worship you, Oh my soul rejoice!
Take joy, my King, in what you hear
Make it a sweet, sweet sound in your ear

Make it a sweet, sweet sound in your ear

Scriptural Reference:

"Then my soul will rejoice in the Lord and delight in his salvation." Psalm 35:9

I am so blessed to have you ladies share in my daily 

walk with God! You are each a blessing from Him!

Have a wonderful week!








1 comment:

  1. I am so thankful that He knows my heart better than even I do. I am so thankful for the Holy Spirit who "moans and groans" for me when words fail. And I know without a doubt He is "moaning and groaning" when I sing! When the boys were really little and I would sing to them, they would cover their ears and say, "no mommy no". I take after my mom - we say that when we get to heaven He'll have a soundproof box for us to be in! Love you Julia - have a great day. Thanks so much for blogging - I love reading/growing this way.

    ReplyDelete