Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Proverbs 1-13



I love the book of Proverbs and the wisdom that He reveals! Having my boys home again this weekend reminded me how important it is for me as a mother to continue to impart His wisdom to them. They are never too old to stop being taught, and I have been neglectful in this area as of late. I see them as "all grown up", and realized if I am still learning and growing in Him, they could be as well! I hope to never stop growing in Him, and want that for my boys as well. I have really good intentions, then fail to put them into action. What good does that do?
Once they are off to college and seeking and gaining worldly wisdom, it is imperative that they continue to seek His wisdom even more! Every college campus is surrounded by professors, peers, and people who are not Godly, and who can easily impart their doctrines on our sons and daughters that are "simple" minded. Only His doctrine is sound and gives true knowledge and wisdom. I pray that their minds become saturated with His Word.

Proverbs 1:4-7

New King James Version (NKJV)
To give prudence to the simple,
To the young man knowledge and discretion—
A wise man will hear and increase learning,
And a man of understanding will attain wise counsel,
To understand a proverb and an enigma,
The words of the wise and their riddles.
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge,
But fools despise wisdom and instruction.

This is where His wisdom and His Spirit of discernment is tantamount. This is what I pray for my boys most of all! Yes, I want them to graduate from college and gain a degree, to have a goal and be successful. But even more they need to use the gift that God gave them and use it for His purpose! Making the most money or securing possession's is not what makes a person happy. How they use the gift's God has blessed them with for His good, is priceless! They need only to seek Him to be truly a success in life!



Proverbs 8:17-22

New King James Version (NKJV)
17 I love those who love me,
And those who seek me diligently will find me.
18 Riches and honor are with me,
Enduring riches and righteousness.
19 My fruit is better than gold, yes, than fine gold,
And my revenue than choice silver.
20 I traverse the way of righteousness,
In the midst of the paths of justice,
21 That I may cause those who love me to inherit wealth,
That I may fill their treasuries.
22 “The Lord possessed me at the beginning of His way,
Before His works of old.


I pray for all of our children and our children's children to heed the wise counsel of His Word, to guard it in their hearts, and use it to glorify Him!

May your children and children yet to come be blessed with His wisdom!










1 comment:

  1. thankful for your prayers for "our boys"...God is helping me so much in learning how to mentor them, rather than "should" them. Such a hard transistion! Particularly when a daughter-in-law is involved. I know I will always be their mom, but more importantly I pray I will be a mentor for them as well. It is really an answer to many prayers that Curt is also holding them accountable to be in His Word every day.

    Also, so thankful you had time to blog - miss you!

    ReplyDelete